A Happier Man Blog. My latest and shared interests about my 3 Step System.
(1) Get Your Mind Right. (2) Take Action. (3) Rest, Heal, Recharge, Grow.
What older men do to screw up their lives. Happier Older Men.
I have been happily married for 30 years. This pandemic has really impacted my marrriage. I have to admit that I suffer from depression. My wife turns
Use whatever tricks you can to get yourself in the best possible mood to have a great workout.
From a 56 year old man who just benched 285 pounds for 3 reps. This was the best I have ever done, even as a young man who weight trained consistently for 10 years.
I made this video right after I bench pressed 285 pounds for 3 reps. This was the best I have ever done. I'm 56 years old. I lifted hard, heavy and consistently for 10 years when I was a young man and never got close to this much weight. So I'm extremely pleased to have made this personal record.
A list of things to try to do before you leave. Leave Your Wife Basics to get prepared.
Spend as much time as possible thinking about how you want your life to be.
You can learn a lot from people. Not just what they did that was successful, but what they did that was unsuccessful. Just do the opposite.
This was after I had a great workout. I overhead pressed 175 pounds for 3 reps. The best I ever did on this lift. I also squatted 315 pounds for 5 reps and am very pleased to be gaining my strength back on the squat after the Covid lockdowns.
This is your life, you should be happy about doing good things for yourself.
1) Live on the cheap. Extreme frugality. Cheap food. Little for entertainment. Used clothes. Cheap place to live. Junk car.
2) Keep working.
3) Pay your bills on time. But you may need to beg and plead for very small minimums. Get your ego out. Your're divorced man, no one will expect you to have any money.
4) Scale back how you think you need to live.
5) Ask for help from family and friends. Gracefully accept help.
6) Think of yourself as temporarily broke, not permanently poor because you will eventually recover enough to have a good life.
Some initial first steps include:
1) Get a UPS Store mailbox address in your name only in a location your wife is unlikely to see.
2) Get an in-your name only checking account at at credit union in a location your wife is unlikely to see using your new UPS address.
3) Get an in-your-name only credit card or cards using your new UPS address
One of the most critical ideas to supercharge your happiness is to Be Your Own Best Friend.
You have enormous power to change your life for the better by a combination of continually and persistently getting your mind right thinking about what you want, then expending as much effort as necessary taking action. After this effort, you need time to rest, heal and recharge. This is the step where you grow.
Your happiness is everything. If you can just wrap your head around that and shed the wrong belief that you do not matter, your life will improve.
Do you think that your life matters? Can you change the mindset forced on you of struggle, suffering and sacrifice to a mindset of a life how you want it, filled with abundance and happiness?
Recognize the power you have to change your life for the better by a combination of expending massive effort and continually, persistently and relentlessly moving toward what you want.
The results on your happiness will astound you.
You can end what needs ending. You can change what needs changing. You can do things that make you feel good in each moment and in all moments forward.
You can give up all bad feelings and emotions like suffering, struggle, rage, frustration, worry, anxiety, lack of confidence and low self esteem.
You can replace all these bad feelings with good ones.
You can take back your life and live your dreams. Life can be good. You can become a happier man.
The only way I could become the happier man I am today was by leaving my wife. You might be in the same situation I was in. I suggest you take a look at my book - Leave Your Wife & Become a Happier Man with the 3 Step System.
Do you have a comment about this or something to add? Share it!